Filing a roof damage insurance claim can be a complicated process, especially if you’ve never had to do it before. Understanding your insurance policy and knowing what you have to do when your roof gets damaged by a storm will help make it easier for you to deal with this kind of problem.
Today, Vertex Roofing Contractors Inc., one of the top roofing contractors in the area, shares how you can breeze through the roof insurance claims process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Roof Insurance Claims
This is how a roof insurance claim process typically works:
- Check your roof after the storm and look for damage. Take photographs of any affected areas and document everything in detail.
- A tarp should be temporarily placed over any damaged area of your roof to prevent further damage. Once the weather improves, permanent repairs can be made.
- Get in touch with your insurance company and notify them about the roof damage. They will provide you with a claim number and further instructions.
- If roof is severely damaged, your insurance company may recommend having a restoration specialist come to your home immediately. They will be securing the scene to limit further damage.
- An adjuster will be sent to your home to inspect and assess the damage. They will also determine what is covered by your insurance.
- Your insurance company will cover the cost of your roof replacement or repair job.
Getting an accurate roof damage estimate is crucial to your insurance claim. This will determine how much money you’ll be entitled to receive from your insurance company to repair or replace your roof. It’s best to have a public insurance adjuster or an independent roofing contractor provide an estimate on your roof damage. You can also opt to hire a public adjuster to handle all aspects of your roof damage insurance claim.
Vertex Roofing Contractors Inc. uses only high-quality materials when conducting roof repair or replacement projects. This ensures that our clients will get excellent results and great value for their money. To learn more about our services, call us at (703) 659-0205 or fill out our contact form. We serve customers in Gainesville, VA, and nearby areas.